Handbag lovers take note, Jerome Dreyfuss is a name you're going to want to know if you don't already. Mr. Dreyfuss is no stranger to the fashion industry with the launch of his first collection in 1998 during Paris Fashion Week receiving numerous awards since and even designing a costume for Michael Jackson. A Francophile with a certain 'je ne sais quoi', he has a knack for designing handbags for just about every woman and occasion, it's easy to see he gets what women want. Oh and did we mention he is married to none other than Isabel Marant?
Last week McMullen was named one of San Francisco Chronicle's Top 100 Shops in the San Francisco Bay Area recognized among the top ten specializing in Women's and we couldn't be more honored.
"Owner Sherri McMullen's unerring eye for up-and-coming designers, honed through buying stints at Neiman Marcus and others, has earned this East Bay boutique destination status. Carven, 10 Crosby by Derek Lam, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Yigal Azrouel and Clare Vivier purses are just a few of the buzzy lines carried within the chic environs."
To read more or discover other shops included in the top 100, visit sfgate.com!
I'm looking forward to the Fall season and this is the perfect pairing for that transition. A white pencil skirt with a sweater is perfect for chillier summer days and nights and as it gets cooler I can swap heels for a favorite pair of classic boots.
1. House of Harlow - Marley Bag in black
2. Carven - Patchwork sweater (just featured in August Vogue)
3. I love a good hike and a day in the redwoods, it never fails to make me feel calm and at peace. Check out Muir Woods for some great trails.
Meet Kate Ellen the jewelry designer extraordinaire behind Crown Nine Jewelers...a McMullen favorite and a close neighbor at our Old Oakland location. Stop by to see her next time you are in the neighborhood and check out her fabulous picks of the week:
2. Kate Ellen Metals earrings available at Crown Nine
3. Current/Elliott denim shirt
4. Marisa Haskell necklace
5. Bruce II silk tank
6. Current/Elliott floral denim
7. Butter LONDON polish in Knackered
8. Butter LONDON polish
9. "I'm currently obsessed with Cosecha in Swan's Market - I love their Tacos de Pollo with the super hot El Yucateco Habenero Salsa on top, and I cannot leave without having a Mango Salad with fresh avocado."
10. "I love to workout on at the Woodminster Cascades, it's a gorgeous hidden gem and it's 200+ steps will leave you sore the next day. Plus, they are right next to my favorite network of running trails in Joaquin Miller Park." photo credit Kate Ellen
Items 1-8 available at McMullen now.
Stop by McMullen Old Oakland to shop Kate's picks!
Or call 510.272.9838 to order or for more information.
At McMullen, we are thrilled to showcase three new designer labels that are perfect for that woman with a lengthy to-do list. Be on the look out - Victoria by Victoria Beckham, Whetherly, and Currer Bell arrivals this week!